We often work with clients planning a move, either from a small office to a much larger one, or vice versa. Moving a company is much more than packing a few boxes – it’s not just loading office equipment like file drawers, copiers, desks, or shelves onto a moving truck. You’re also working to safely shift your company’s entire electronic infrastructure from one location to another. When we work with a company looking to move, we take the following steps to ensure a smooth transition:
- Pre-cable the new location. We don’t assume your newest offices will have the capacity you need, and we advise our clients to never rely on what’s already there. We make sure the location is pre-cabled to the requirements of your business before you move in.
- Make sure your internet is up and working. BACS will work with your internet provider to ensure that you have a working connection from day one. Also, we commonly maintain a fail over internet connection from a second provider, to cover you just in case something goes wrong with the first.
- We design and build your network for you. Once you are ready to move in, every aspect of your network will be “plug and play.” You won’t have employees sitting around waiting for us to finish, losing productive worktime.
- We can provide other equipment installs as well. If needed, we will move over, install, and configure other electronic equipment such as servers, switches, routers, WiFi access points, televisions, and security cameras.
- We provide cabling to the cubicles themselves. BACS is often able to coordinate with furniture companies, ensuring that there are no conflicts between furniture and room design and network design.
- We remove any legacy cabling. Often, the terms of a lease will require the removal of all or part of the cabling from the previous tenant. We provide that service, saving you time and money on finding a third party to do so.
Our clients often find themselves needing to move into a bigger or smaller space. They look to Bay Area Computer Solutions for all their IT management and moving needs, and you should, too! We will perform over 25 major moves this year, and work with companies of any size, from small businesses to a large enterprise. We would be happy to speak with you about your company’s move, and let you know how we can help. You can reach us by phone at (650) 887-4601 or by contacting us online today!
Published on 26th August 2015 by James Berger.